VINTAGE MODEL POWER BOAT CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats hiding in the garage!

2 posters

Go down

Whats hiding in the garage! Empty Whats hiding in the garage!

Post  tiggy_cat Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:21 am

After a good few years of non boating, retirement earlier this year has given the opportunity to dig out some of the stored models with a view to giving them a second life.

The last serious boating was undertaken in the late 70's to early 1980 so both I and some of the kit is more than rusty. At that time, my boating partner in crime was my late father. During the long lay off, I have often thought of selling the boats stored in the back of the garage but memories of all the good times we had has always seen them put away again for "another day"

Realistically, if they are going to get used , I need to get started!. The two most obvious are the 46" Crash tender that started life with a 8cc Taplin twin for power ( still have that in pieces in a box in the spare room!) , then went to an O.S 50 , which I still have as well. The boat needs a light restoration and some new fittings to tidy it. The other is the 48" Screwdriver built from Model Boat plans and fitted with a magneto equipped Gannet 15cc engine. This is still quite tidy (hopefully a few photos attached

tiggy_cat

Back to top Go down

Whats hiding in the garage! Empty Re: Whats hiding in the garage!

Post  froggyt996 Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:43 am

Hi Tiggy

Show us some photo's?

Regards,

Gray
froggyt996
froggyt996

http://www.kinglearmodelboatclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Whats hiding in the garage! Empty Old kit in garage

Post  tiggy_cat Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 am

As requested, if it works this time, a few picks of the Screwdriver and the gannet

Whats hiding in the garage! P2280010 Whats hiding in the garage! P2280012 Whats hiding in the garage! P2280013

Whats hiding in the garage! P2280011 Whats hiding in the garage! P2280019

Last edited by tiggy_cat on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addmphotos)

tiggy_cat

Back to top Go down

Post  froggyt996 Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:44 am

Well that Looks a bit good tongue
froggyt996
froggyt996

http://www.kinglearmodelboatclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum